Summary of the Role
Being outside in nature has become many people’s favourite pastime during the Coronavirus pandemic and we want our communal outdoor spaces to be brilliant.
We’re looking for green fingered volunteers to help make our extra care scheme gardens into lovely looking places that our customers can enjoy.
You may work alone or as part of a team with other volunteers, and volunteering with us can be flexible at a time that suits you. You’ll receive all the basic training and equipment to get you started and you’ll have access to our full suite of development training, should you require,
We’d welcome applicants with all variations of experience and garden/landscape interests, so don’t worry if you are not a flower expert, there will still be jobs for you to do!
You won’t be out of pocket whilst volunteering with us and we’ll discuss potential expenses when we meet.
What you can expect from us
• We’ll be there to support you throughout your time with us
• We’ll provide you with everything you need to volunteer, including gardening equipment
• We’ll provide all the necessary training
• You’ll have access to our full suite of online training and classroom courses. If you’re interested in doing a course, we’ll support you with setting up the training
• We’ll cover any reasonable expenses you incur whilst volunteering with us, including travel
Recruitment process: If you’re interested in applying for the role, please give our Volunteer Co-Ordinator, Nicole Stamford a call on 07384510101 or fill out an expression of interest form below stating Gardening Volunteer as the type of voluntary work you’re interested in, and we’ll get back to you.
If you’re interested in applying for the role, please give our Volunteer Co-Ordinator, Nicole Stamford a call on 07384510101 or fill out an expression of interest form below stating Gardening Volunteer as the type of voluntary work you’re interested in, and we’ll get back to you.
• Physically able (There will be light gardening opportunities available, so give us a call to discuss if you’re in doubt)
• A keen eye for outdoor spaces
• Willing to undertake any training required
Main Tasks and Role Requirements
• Complete South Yorkshire Housing Associations volunteer induction
• Work with scheme supervisors and possibly customers to improve outdoor spaces
• Work either alone or with other volunteers to maintain flower beds, pot plants and arrange hanging baskets.
• Follow any health and safety guidance given by supervisors
• Report any health and safety issues