What does Worsbrough Community Pantry do?
We know that times are difficult, and we want to help people before they reach crisis point.
Worsbrough Community Pantry is not a foodbank; we simply offer good food at an affordable price. Individuals can access Worsbrough Community Pantry for a weekly fee of £3.00 and receive food items up to the value of £15.
The Pantry is run by volunteers at Worsbrough Community Church with support and funding from the Worsbrough Ward Alliance
What do Pantry Support volunteers do?
Pantry Support volunteers will support the operation of the Community Pantry, for the role of Social Media and Communication support this will include the following:
• Creating relevant and engaging content for the Facebook Page including regular reminders of opening times.
• Sharing information relevant to pantry users and wider community such as sign posting to other Facebook pages or groups
• Producing posters and leaflets for distribution to wider community.
• Responding to comments on the Facebook page
• Responding to messages on the Facebook page
• Signposting potential new users to the online application form.
• Increasing the Facebook Page number of likes / reach
Location: Worsbrough Community Church, High Street, Worsbrough, Barnsley, S70 4SG
Support and supervision from: Pantry Trustees
Time Commitment: Fully Flexible role, duties can be carried out
anywhere at anytime
Recruitment process: If you are interested in applying for this position, the next step is to complete our application form.
For an application form, please contact, Michelle Toone on MichelleToone@barnsley.gov.uk or 07741168776.
If you are interested in applying for this position, the next step is to complete our application form.
What we are looking for:
• Ability to communicate confidently and clearly with Facebook users that interact with the page
• Ability to remain calm when involved with challenging individuals and situations
• Understanding of the issues – practical and emotional
• Good communication skills, written and oral.
• Understanding of the importance of confidentiality and not disclosing any private and confidential information.
Support for volunteers
Volunteers receive the following support throughout their volunteering:
• Structured induction and training
• Ongoing support and supervision from the Pantry Trustees
• Ongoing support
• Access to further training