• The Safeguarding Director of any club is a very important role. The job is to assist with the safeguarding and protecting of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
• The Covid Officer role is a new aspect to the safeguarding lead role, to assist the Club Covid officer with their role but also keep the clubs risk assessments updated.
• Reports To: Club Chairman
• Responsible For: Everyone safeguarding aspect.
• Assist the club to fulfil its responsibilities to safeguard children and young people
• Assist the club to implement the child welfare section of the development plan
• To be the first point of contact for staff, volunteers, parents and children/young people where concerns about children’s welfare, poor practice or child abuse are identified
• Be the first point of contact with the Child Welfare Officer at the FA
• Implement the FA's reporting and recording procedures
• Maintain contact details for local social services, police and the Area Child Protection Committee
• Promote the FA's best practice guidance/code of ethics and behaviour within the club and anti-discriminatory practice
• Ensure confidentiality is maintained
This role will be about 3 hours per week, but is flexible and can be done from home
Recruitment process: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to apply
Please email email@example.com for more information and to apply
Recruiting and Training Volunteers - Training will be given by the Club though the CFA (Safeguarding, Welfare Officer)