The Ground assistant will help delivery of pitch maintenance and improvement at a highest standard.
They will also be responsible for preparing the ground ready for match day.
Main tasks: ● Presentation of the pitch to the highest standard for matches and training schedules.
● Ensure the ground is ready for match day also packed away after match day – Goal Netting up, Corner flags in place, Pitch marked out.
● Carrying out general grounds duties such as cutting the grass, watering the pitch, marking the pitch and match preparations.
● Carry out work and fertiliser programmed in by the Heads ground person to ensure the pitches are maintained to the highest possible standard.
● Ensure machinery is maintained and serviced to an acceptable standard.
● Carry out an end of season/closed season pitch renovation programme ensuring the required work is carried out by suppliers.
● Liaising with the Head Grounds Person on a daily basis to ensure pitches are appropriately prepared for training.
● Be available for the required training as prescribed by the football club.
● Any other duties as required and directed by the Head ground person.
Training and support available:
● The Football Club is member of Ground Maintenace Association
● Training will be paid by the Football Club
o Level 1 - Football Grounds Maintenance
Course provided by the Ground Maintenance Association.
Recruitment process: Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Email – email@example.com
Required skills, qualities and experience
● Excellent communication skills.
● Excellent organisational skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
● Ability to lead a team to achieve the desired standards.
● Able to work effectively lead a team and also independently using own initiative.