Volunteer role: Ebay volunteer
Volunteer supervisor: Head of Retail / Retail & Online Administration Co-ordinator
About the hospice:
Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice offers care for children and young people in South Yorkshire, North Nottinghamshire, North Lincolnshire and North Derbyshire. Our highly specialised care team look after children and young people with a vast range of complex medical needs. We provide support, respite, 24 hour urgent response and end of life treatment and care. Sibling support is also at the heart of our work, as well as counselling and bereavement services, hospice at home and befriending.
About this role:
Calling all online shoppers! We are looking for organised individuals to support our growing ebay team with listing items on our ebay page, as well as sorting, steaming and packing items, ready to be sold. This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to meet new people, develop your skills and help raise funds for Bluebell Wood Children’s Hospice.
Below are outlined a range of roles:
• Listing items on to the online platform
• Sorting/steaming/wrapping/packing items
• Other related activities, specific to the role
Recruitment process: To find out more and register your interest in any of these roles, please fill in the form below, send us an email, or call 01909 517 360.
To find out more and register your interest in any of these roles, please fill in the form below, send us an email, or call 01909 517 360.
What we are looking for:
Volunteers who are:
• Available to volunteer for a few hours each week
• Willing to be part of a team
• Respectful of families, staff and volunteers
• Able to use a computer/Microsoft (word/excel)
What we offer:
• Training, where appropriate
• The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
• The opportunity to meet new people and be part of an enthusiastic team
• Expenses, agreed in advance with the supervisor
• Free tea and coffee
• Free meal if volunteering during lunchtime
• Free parking at the hospice
Bluebell Wood volunteers are asked to:
• Act as an Ambassador for the Bluebell Wood Charity
• Be a minimum of 16 years of age
• Complete e-learning training before starting the role
• Attend induction and any routine training
• Abide by the Health & Safety at Work Act
• Adhere to the charity policies and procedures, including the charity’s no smoking, alcohol and substance misuse policy
• Co-operate and liaise with colleagues
• Act in a professional manner at all times
• Be polite and respectful to everyone you meet whilst volunteering in this role
Please be aware that if you do not have your own transport, or live locally, the hospice is very difficult to get to by public transport. If in doubt, please check buses etc to see if it is feasible for you to volunteer here. We are over one mile from the nearest bus stop.