To provide companionship and support via weekly contact to reduce social isolation to people living in the Barnsley area.
• To make weekly telephone calls to a range of clients from all walks of life to support in reducing their social isolation.
• To adapt topics of conversation accordingly considering the needs and life experience of each individual client.
• To listen to the client and to ensure that the conversation is client led.
• To inform the Service Lead of any concerns regarding the client’s welfare or potential safeguarding issue in line with our policy and procedures.
• To participate in group supervision session with other volunteers chaired by the Project Coordinator.
• To participate in individual supervision and support in line with R B Mind’s volunteer policy and procedures.
• To participate in mandatory training.
• Helping individuals keep up to date with Rotherham and Barnsley Mind services.
Recruitment process: If you are interested in applying, please email email@example.com to request an application pack.
If you are interested in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application pack.
No formal qualifications needed
We are looking for volunteers with a friendly personality and ability to communicate with service users to reduce social isolation