Role purpose Do you have some spare time on your hands? Would you like to assist South Yorkshire Police?
Then why not consider becoming a Police Support Volunteer!
Based at various locations across South Yorkshire, Vehicle Maintenance Assistant Volunteers will assist in the basic maintenance of Police vehicles and stocks (NB NOT A MECHANIC ROLE)
Summary of main duties:
• Interior car cleaning
• Checking traffic cones, vehicle lights and oil levels
• Tyre condition checks
• Replenish /check vehicle first aid kits
• General organisation and upkeep of the police garage
• Reordering of equipment
Recruitment process: If you have any questions ahead of applying, please contact us on PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE FORCES VETTING PROCESS PRIOR TO
Phone: 01709 832353 and ask for the Police Support Volunteer Project Officer
Application forms can be found on our website:
APPOINTMENT. FURTHER DETAILS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
If you have any questions ahead of applying, please contact us on
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE FORCES VETTING PROCESS PRIOR TO
• The ability to work as part of a small team and on an individual basis
• Competent in basic car checks
• Flexibility, reliability and a positive manner
• Good organisation and communication skills
• There will be some occasions where it may be necessary to undertake light manual lifting
• Possible use of your own vehicle to travel to different locations (out of pocket expenses will
• Willing to undertake health and safety online learning and comply with risk assessments