We are not a direct funder. However, using our extensive knowledge we are able to support groups to access grant funding. We work closely with South Yorkshire Funding Advice Bureau (SYFAB) to direct groups to the right places and support applications.
New worker for SYFAB (South Yorkshire Funding Advice Bureau)
My name is Lorna Lewis and I am the new Barnsley Funding Development Worker for SYFAB.
I have worked in Barnsley for about 20 years in different roles, most of them with a community development focus.
I am looking forward to meeting old colleagues and new ones.
SYFAB was formed in 1990 and is a project based at South Yorkshire Community Foundation (SYCF).
What do SYFAB do?
- We produce Funding News and weekly bulletins
- We provide funding searches from a database of over 200 funders
- We provide KnowHow information sheets to help you acquire funding.
- We run a training programme – covering a wide variety of funding topics
Barnsley Funding Development Worker role
- I am based at Priory Campus in Lundwood
- I want to encourage people to register with us to enable them to benefit from using our free resources.
- I can provide one to one support in relation to grant applications.
- I can liaise with funders on your behalf
- I will be organising a series of workshops and one to one surgeries across the borough during the year.
- I can refer you to other services that can help you develop your organisation and help you get ready to receive funding.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need help with any of the above. I look forward to hearing from you.
Tel: 01226 320105
Mob: 07774 771452
For more information have a look at our website: www.syfab.org.uk