We are not a direct funder. However, using our extensive knowledge, we are able to support groups to access grant funding.
We work closely with South Yorkshire Funding Advice Bureau (SYFAB) to direct groups to the right places and support applications.
My name is Lorna Lewis, and I am Barnsley's Funding Development Worker for SYFAB.
I have worked in Barnsley for about 20 years in different roles, most of them with a community development focus.
- I want to encourage people to register with us to enable them to benefit from using our free resources.
- I can provide one to one support in relation to grant applications.
- I can liaise with funders on your behalf
- I will be organising a series of workshops and one to one surgeries across the borough during the year.
- I can refer you to other services that can help you develop your organisation and help you get ready to receive funding.
To contact Lorna, email email@example.com, call 01226 320105 or 07774 771452
SYFAB was formed in 1990 and is a project based at South Yorkshire Community Foundation (SYCF).
What do SYFAB do?
- Produce funding news and weekly bulletins
- Provide funding searches from a database of over 200 funders
- Provide KnowHow information sheets to help you acquire funding.
- Run training programmes, covering a wide variety of funding topics
For more information, have a look at their website: www.syfab.org.uk