The Barnsley CVS Strategy 2022 is our commitment to doing the best we can for the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector in Barnsley.
- To have a thriving, sustainable Voluntary Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector that is valued, respected and inclusive of all.
- We will accomplish this by being a champion for the VCSE sector, supporting the sector with advice and guidance, and promoting volunteering.
- Improve the lives of the people of Barnsley by supporting VCSE organisations to thrive.
- Help VCSEs to become sustainable, independent, well-managed, and to build capacity through our support offer.
- Represent and lead the VCSE sector, promoting it to partner agencies including those in the statutory sector, and embedding it in the Integrated Care System and Barnsley Place.
- Liaise across all sectors to develop partnership working and create new opportunities for the VCSE sector.
- Ensure Barnsley is an excellent, supportive place to volunteer, that can offer people a wide range of skills and experiences, creating inclusivity for all.
- Communicate relevant, high-quality, timely information, tailored to the needs of each of our members.
- Share learning and best practice on key issues in the sector through providing information, networking, and events.
Please click below to read the full report