You will have all have seen in the news about the events happening in Ukraine at the moment, and may be wondering how you can help.
We have collated several verified fundraisers that will help support the people of Ukraine directly, as this is the best way we can help at the minute as cash can get items that are needed on the ground quickly, rather than transporting donated goods hundreds of miles.
Some are organisations based in Ukraine and some are national and international charities, where donations can go quickly and directly to the places where it is needed.
We do not endorse any fundraiser in particular, and they all have a different focus of their fundraising efforts. We will update this page regularly, with ways to support.
- Sunflowers of Peace is a charity that helps paramedics and doctors, and has been fundraising for supplies, which includes first aid medical tactical backpacks - www.facebook.com/sunflowerofpeace
- Voices of Children aims to help children affected by the war in eastern Ukraine, providing support through art therapy, psychologists, video storytelling and a number of other methods - https://voices.org.ua/en/
- Go Fund Me have their own fundraiser running to help the crisis and have collated a whole page of verified individual campaigns they have running, to ensure the money raised, goes to where it is intended to go - https://bit.ly/3IFBDly
- Choose Love support projects that are providing vital aid and services to those still in and fleeing the country, including: emergency medical care, food, shelter, clothes, legal support, support for the LGBTQIA+ community and mental health support. You can donate to their specific Ukraine Fundraiser - https://bit.ly/348ucEo as well as purchasing specific items for emergency and daily needs - https://chooselove.org/
- The Red Cross are asking for donations to help with food, water, first aid, medicines, warm clothes and shelter - https://bit.ly/35AcqKu
- UNICEF have working tirelessly to keep children safe and are determined to remain in Ukraine to reach the most vulnerable children and families. They are helping to provide families with access to clean water and nutritious food and making sure that child health and protection services are sustained - https://bit.ly/3MgfcoU
- Here is a link to a BBC news article that also list other fundraising causes and ways to help - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60562260
- NCVO have also put a blog together that details what charities and organisations can do to help - https://blogs.ncvo.org.uk/2022/03/02/charities-civil-society-ukraine/ This also includes a list from the Ukrainian Institute in London on how you can support, which details verified Ukrainian organisations you can donate to.
- You can read more about the UK Government's Homes for Ukrainian refugees programme here, where it will allow individuals, charities, community groups and businesses across the UK to offer a room or home rent-free to Ukrainians escaping the war - www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/14/ukraine-refugee-scheme-uk-homes
Update - Tuesday 15 March 2022
The group that are managing donations in Barnsley that are going to the Polish boarder, now have their own dedicated Facebook page United for Ukraine, where you can see volunteering request updates and up-to-date donation lists - you can view the page here - https://www.facebook.com/United-for-Ukraine-101653879145817/