We have a vacancy for a highly motivated Supporter Engagement Officer who will be responsible for building effective relationships with a wide range of supporters and stakeholders, to:
- raise awareness of the issues affecting young carers and young people affected by familial substance misuse, and their families
- encourage other organisations and services (e.g. schools and colleges) to identify and support young carers and young people affected by familial substance misuse
- increase the charity’s income, meet fundraising targets and secure other forms of support for its work.
Passionate about people, the successful candidate will use their excellent communication and interpersonal skills to sensitively showcase SYC’s work and the young people and families that SYC helps, to maximise support from a wide range of audiences. They will be well-organised and responsive, providing exceptional supporter care and using SYC’s fundraising database to accurately record supporter/stakeholder information.
Sheffield Young Carers (SYC) is a service for young people aged between 8 and 25 who are taking on a substantial caring role for a member or members of their family who have a disability or a long term physical or mental illness and/or are affected by substance misuse in their family. We provide individual and group support for young people and support for families. We also work with local and national organisations to improve support for young carers and young people affected by familial substance misuse.
This is an exciting opportunity to build your skills and experience in a growing, vibrant organisation where your ideas and contributions will be highly valued. You will have experience of:
- developing and implementing printed and digital communications
- using and co-ordinating several social media platforms AND/OR securing income from a variety of sources
- building relationships with supporters (or customers)
- using fundraising databases/other customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
You will need to be able to work well in a team as well as being able to work on your own initiative. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check prior to commencement of the post.
SYC is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We offer 5% pension contributions and a staff health and wellbeing fund.
For an application pack and further information please visit www.sheffieldyoungcarers.org.uk/news. If you experience any difficulties accessing the information, email email@example.com. If you do not receive a reply within two days, please ring Denise Anderson on 0114 258 4595.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 1pm on Friday 16th April 2021
Interviews scheduled for: Friday 30th April 2021