Key Worker (Permanent, Full-time, Sheffield)
LiveWell: Promoting Independence Project
Do you want to be part of driving system change within mental health services in Sheffield? Could you empower someone to move out of 24/7 residential care into their own accommodation and live a more independent life?
We are seeking a passionate, enthusiastic and innovative Key Worker to join our team and deliver this exciting new project in Sheffield. Our aim is to equip each customer with personal, social, vocational and practical life skills; enabling them to take control of their life whilst managing their mental health condition. We’re aiming to work with 113 adults with mental health conditions aged under 65 over 7 years to make the move.
The role of Key Worker includes supporting our customers to identity their housing needs and work alongside our Health & Wellbeing Coaches to develop the skills necessary to move out of residential care and maximise their independence in their own accommodation.
- Salary - £19,193
- 37hrs per week, Mon -Fri
- Essential Car User allowance.
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave pro rata, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 SYHA days
- Flexible working options including Flexi Time, Condensed Hours, Part Time
- Excellent training including free annual training and ongoing professional development including a leadership academy
- Excellent benefits including SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
More about the role:
- You will be responsible for a caseload of up to 17 customers with a variety of housing support needs.
- Providing housing support to adults in residential care who want to live more independently.
- Reports to Health and wellbeing Manager.
- Working closely with Health and wellbeing coaches to coordinate the optimum support to empower customers to live more independently
- Multi agency collaboration with Community Mental Health services and housing providers.
Who you are:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the practical needs our customers may have when preparing to leave residential care.
- Provide a recovery focused support into independent living.
- Have an understanding of a strengths-based approach and Motivational Interviewing.
- Show enthusiasm about helping others, be approachable and encouraging with customers to achieve their goals.
- Show commitment and passion to support our customers to live independently and sustain their tenancy.
- Possess a positive “Can Do” solution focused attitude and resillience to fit in with a small team.
Who we are:
At South Yorkshire Housing Association, our purpose is for our customers to settle at home, live well and realise their potential.
Feeling settled and living well means different things to the people and families that live across South Yorkshire. So, we work with people in different ways – from our extra-care housing, to providing services and opportunities that individuals can access in their home, workplace and community, to creating houses for affordable rent.
Our employees enable us to create the best services, support, and experiences for our customers. We believe that difference makes us better, and that our services are made stronger by having a diverse workforce. We encourage and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Please note that we may remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. Please apply at your earliest convenience.
To apply visit: https://careers.syha.co.uk/vacancy/key-worker-465039.html
For an Informal Discussion Contact: Paul Elsworth, Health and Wellbeing Manager - 07384510111
Closing Date: Midnight, 26th November 2021
Interview Date: To Be Confirmed