Temporary, Full Time – 12 months Maternity Cover
An opportunity has arisen for an aspiring finance professional in our Management Accounts team. Working as part of a large finance team you will have input on setting the annual budget and contributing towards organisational decision making.
You will have good knowledge of basic accounting principles, and be able to build relationships with our budget holders. You will apply a positive and proactive attitude to managing your time and workload in order to meet reporting deadlines.
You will complete a series of monthly and annual accounting processes to enable effective completion of internal and external reporting. By providing accurate financial reports and KPI data you will assist Budget Holders at varying levels of seniority across the organisation.
South Yorkshire Housing Association (SYHA) is a charitable organisation managing more than 6,000 homes and supporting hundreds of people to lead independent lives.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills
- An ability to meet specified deadlines with minimal supervision
- An analytical approach to data
- Attention to detail and a problem solving attitude
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and techniques
- Good Excel spreadsheet skills
Some of SYHA’s Benefits:
- Generous holiday entitlement – 27 days annual leave, statutory bank holidays, plus an additional 4 SYHA days
- Flexible working options including Flexi Time, Condensed Hours, Part Time
- 50/50 split between home and office-based working
- Excellent benefits including SYHA Rewards - employee discount scheme, which offers cash back and shopping discounts
- Westfield Health (employer paid)
Salary Scale: 3F: £22,925 - £24,386 per annum
Working Hours: 37 hours, Mon-Fri
To Apply: Complete the application form and refer to the Job Description and Guidance Notes documents.
For an Informal Discussion Contact: Joe Deakin – Management Accountant - 0114 212 0890
Closing Date: Tuesday 21st September 2021, midnight
Interview Date: Wednesday 29th September 2021
For more details visit: https://careers.syha.co.uk/vacancy/finance-assistant-457423.html