The Children and Young People’s Empowerment Project (CHILYPEP) is a registered charity that has worked with disadvantaged Children and Young People for over 18 years.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Assistant Project Worker to support the delivery of our Barnsley work.
Children and Young People’s Empowerment Project recognises the requirements of the Equality Act and follows clear equal opportunities policies. We’d love to hear from applicants that from all communities and would welcome applications from young people, Black, Asian or minority ethnic persons, marginalised genders and people who have a disability, impairment or learning difference. We are an employer that values lived experience at all levels of our organisation.
Our priority is to safeguard and protect the Children and Young People we work with, and we operate within strict Safe Recruitment Practices, including a DBS check for all staff and volunteers
Candidates must have:
- Demonstrable experience of empowerment/participation work with children and young people
- Demonstrable experience of support work with young people affected by Mental ill health
- Knowledge of child welfare and safeguarding legislation and related issues
- Understanding of Equal Opportunities and Anti Discriminatory Practice
- Understanding of the issues faced by young people experiencing poor mental health
- Competent in the use of computers and IT
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to form positive relationships with Children and Young people
- Open to learning
- Able to take direction and to work on own initiative
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Will work evenings and occasional weekends
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, with ideas of how-to self-care
- Innovative and creative
- 1 years’ experience of Youth Work (Voluntary or paid)
- A relevant qualification (Youth Work or Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector) to level 2 standard or above, or working towards this
- Willingness to undergo relevant training
All candidates must have existing permission to work in the UK.
During the pandemic Chilypep is operating home working for all staff.
Closing date for applications:Monday 24th May 2021
Interviews to be held online on:Friday 4th June 2021
For a full job description and an application form please download these from our website at:http://www.chilypep.org.uk/vacancies//
Or contact: email@example.com